Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Welcome to Just Another Failed Blog!

Welcome to Just Another Failed Blog. As you may have suspected, this is yet another blog that will be full of DIY projects, decorating, etc, etc, etc. . .

Am I aware that, like, a million of these exist?

Yes.

Are they more interesting, humorous, witty than this one?

Probably.

But I for some reason enjoy this "public journaling" over whatever project I happen to be immersed in at the moment.

First it was simplifying life and moving out to the country. (P.S. - That ain't gonna happen anytime soon (sniff, sniff). But it is still a future goal, so I will probably incorporate some of that into this blog, a kind of make-do-with-what-I've-got-in-suburbia sort of thing.) But to sum up, farm living blog = FAIL.

Next in line was a "no shampoo challenge" blog, where for thirty days I didn't use shampoo or conditioner or hair products and did the whole before and after pictures, yada yada. (Is that how "yada" is spelled? Or would it be "yadda"? English majors weigh in.) Now to be fair, this challenge was actually not a failure, because 6 months later I am still shampoo and conditioner free, and I don't miss it at all! But the blog itself, that was to be a beacon in the night for others as crazy adventuresome as I am to go "no-poo", FAIL.

My most recent attempt at blogging - before the one you are currently reading, of course (or more likely the one that is floating aimlessly around in cyberspace like toilet paper in the wind) was what I cleverly entitled the "vintage beauty project" where I would try out various vintage beauty tips and techniques and styles and blog about it. It had the potential for cool-osity (I love everything vintage-y) but the skin routine from the get go started making me break out and my attempt at pin curls left me with a "fro" that could only be described as epic (did I also mention I attempted said pincurls the morning we were closing on our new house first thing in the morning? Needless to say I went to closing looking like Ronald McDonald. Below is a picture for your reference:


So, I don't think I even officially published the pincurl thing. Or anything else after that. So, vintage beauty project = FAIL.

My husband suggested that I write a blog about how to write failed blogs that will then lead by example. I felt that that would be too obvious.

So here I am, then - writing a blog that odds are good will fail in time along with its predecessors. But at least for the time being, it will chronicle decorating our new house and various DIY projects. So enjoy it while you can. Here's to just another failed blog!






No comments:

Post a Comment